Expansion of water supply and sanitation networks in Melluzi – Valteri
Year of commissioning
The project “Expansion of Water Supply and Sanitation Networks in Melluzi – Valteri” will provide new facilities for drinking water handling and sanitation. The project will see creation of both general purpose water handling networks and individual connections to consumers. The network will also have hydrants connected that can be used for fire-fighting purposes. In case of prolonged emergencies (e.g., extended power outage) the pumping stations will have emergency capacity to overflow in the proximal drain.
The sanitation pump station KSS-5 will be built near the junction of Darzu and Slokas streets and will be used to pump sewage (through the planned Valteri sanitation system) to the purification station in Sloka. In Piekrastes street, the sanitation pump station KSS-6 will be built to pump sewage to the purification station in Sloka.
Basic information about the project
- Creation of water supply networks DN 100-200mm with a total length of approx. 13.2 km and creation of roughly 250 lateral connections.
- Creation of self-carrying sewage sanitation networks DN 250-450mm with a total length of approx. 11.3 km and roughly 340 lateral connections.
- Construction of sanitation pressure main DN 110-280mm with a total length of approx. 3.1 km.
- Creation of a sanitation pump station with a productivity of 17.4 l/s and pressure of 15 m.
- Creation of a sanitation pump station with a productivity of 23 l/s and pressure of 23 m.