Headquarters of State Revenue Service
Year of commissioning
The project of State Revenue Service (VID) Headquarters is not especially challenging from the construction point of view, however during the whole construction process we have to take into account the strict requirements of the State Revenue Service in terms of security and technological systems. Design includes several solutions that would ensure energy efficiency and sustainability of the building, including: cold accumulation tanks, maximum possibilities for the use of natural lighting.
The construction process itself has been designed to accommodate the principles of sustainable construction practice, and the construction would, as far as possible, rely on the local construction materials. For example, the reinforcement used is manufactured by Liepājas Metalurgs, but for the external wall more than 3000 cubic metres of Keraterm blocks produced by manufacturer of construction materials Lode Ltd. have been supplied. Those blocks are environmentally clean and manufactured exclusively from natural raw materials. Especially considerate pile driving method is applied.
There are ten reasons that make the VID HQ building unique. The building shall:
- provide for high security of personal data, one of the largest data centres in the Baltic States that will provide possibility to store information of other authorities also;
- have state-of-the-art laboratory for examination of all kinds of excise goods;
- employ special security systems necessary for the operation of tax, customs and finance police services;
- provide comfortable arrangements for everyday activities of Customs Department employees with dogs (customs dogs all the time spend together with their masters);
- be energy efficient – external blinds, ice tanks, free cooling, low energy consumption lighting, open office layout;
- have various solutions providing lower operation costs of the building;
- have layout facilitating more effective work of the institution;
- have a parking lot for 675 cars and separate bicycle stand;
- have convenient access to the public transportation.
According to the plan the building shall provide working space for 2500 employees from all the 14 VID units now spread all over Riga, it shall also host spacious and comfortable client service centre.
News:Back to project list